Monday, July 29, 2013

RR5

As evident from the title this one is going to be random rambling again. The only thing that is constant is change and that's so very true. There are dates, events and moments so very important and precious at times and then couple of years later they don't even matter. Well as I cross another eventful year today, it seems another fast paced and one of most dynamic years both on personal and professional front.

When I look back at the post which I blogged at the same time last year, I had no clue what was in store for me the year ahead but I was very sure about couple of things. One I needed change and to stop being comfortable, second I wanted to travel. Though I did manage to reach the objectives but on first the rating was outstanding while I just managed to meet expectation on the second one.

I quit my full time job and joined MBA program, though I was really happy with my job but somewhere I was looking out for something challenging which would make me come out of my comfort zone. Well to sum it up nicely I was in for a change which I couldn't have imagined, but I don't regret it since I opted for it. IT industry and banking are miles apart and that too when you come from premium product company to largest private sector bank. I wanted to learn and try out something new and I am getting that every single day out here.Though at times people look down upon me as chap who was out of mind when he opted for shift but that ok, and there are moments when people pre-judge you as good for nothing and you get determined to prove them wrong and show how you can do things better.
Since I had opted for program I did not get to travel much as long as I was based out of campus, though lot of my batch-mates who came from southern and western India saw it as an opportunity to explore the entire North India -> Himalayas while being at campus and they did manage that. But after I moved out of campus for my Term-3 internship to Baroda and with an amazing bunch of pals (pic in previous post) I explored half of Gujarat within the very first month itself. The pic above is rough map of the route and destinations we covered (Dwarka, Bet Dwarka, Porbandar, Somnath, Gir Forest and Diu). 

So now the only part left in the state is Kutch (northern Gujarat) but this isn't the right time for travelling there. After a week break I am at Ahmedabad for the Term 4 internship and the first very first weekend I get to travel to Thol Bird Sanctuary. Since I didn't have the DSLR and necessary zoom lenses I couldn't shoot the birds though there were plenty I did manage the below pic with the P&S I have of the wonderful lake and awesome weather we had today. And thanks to buddy and b'day boy -> Hardik who planned the sudden trip.

PS: The above post had been in draft for 3 weeks but couldn't find time to edit and publish it. Last paragraph was added today during edit.

No comments: